Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Puzzle of My Life



The Years Pass us by so Quickly...

The puzzle that is my life is worn and
critical pieces seem to be missing.

I can't seem to find them and some provide joy,
health, fullfillment or peace.

You sense that you need all the pieces in place and to fit right.
If not, than your life feels out of balance.

When you try to force a piece into your puzzle that you want
it does not fit and it just throws everything into more crises.
Some pieces were just not meant to be in your puzzle.

You frantically try to find the right pieces and hope they
fit into place so that you can feel whole again.
Your past-present and future seems to depend on having a
complete and orderly puzzle like a solid chain of links.

With age the pieces do get worn and sometimes lost and we
have to learn to adjust to making the good pieces of our puzzle
do the extra work needed for keeping us in balance
and feeling in control of our life.

The reality is that all the pieces have a purpose even if they
are not your favorite or most important to you, they are
there to do a job that is called life and all the good and
bad that goes with it.

So I have learned to accept my worn and tattered puzzle
of my life and do the best with the pieces I have left.


© 2008 William E. Blake


http://www.blakepublishing.com/



No comments: